Japanese Chicken Wings
**I copied this recipe from a fellow blogger!! I tried it out and as promised is was delish! I made a few very minor changes noted in redish orange! -- The pictures don't do it justice it actually looked really good! and tasted even better! The above picture had been like tripled or quadrupled for a family gathering.
Ingredients:
3 lbs. chicken (2-3 breasts) cooked and cut into 1/2" thick strips (I cut raw chicken into 1/2" strips, you could also use raw chicken tenders.)
1 beaten egg
1-2 cups flour
1/4 cup shortening (I used enough vegtable oil to cover the chicken completly)
3 lbs. chicken (2-3 breasts) cooked and cut into 1/2" thick strips (I cut raw chicken into 1/2" strips, you could also use raw chicken tenders.)
1 beaten egg
1-2 cups flour
1/4 cup shortening (I used enough vegtable oil to cover the chicken completly)
Put the flour in a large gallon size ziplock bag. Dip chicken in flour, take out, dip in egg, and re-coat with flour. Melt the shortening in a frying pan (or just use the veggie/canola oil) and fry the chicken in small batches until they are golden brown. (med. high heat) Put chicken in 9x13 baking dish when done. Cover with sauce mixture and cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes to an hour; baste every 20 minutes. (I just flip the chicken this is what I did also)
Sauce: (I double this because I like the sauce on my fried rice)
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
3 Tablespoons water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup distilled vinegar
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
3 Tablespoons water
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup distilled vinegar






1 comment:
These are delicious. Melissa you sure are a good cook.
Love!
Dad
Post a Comment