Friday, November 23, 2007

My First Turkey!


Good Morning to me... I was up at 6:30am on Thanksgiving morning (something I'm sure my mother has done for years)! I have been watching FOOD NETWORK to get turkey recipes for the last few weeks and we were just hours aways from finding out if it would all pay off.


We had a delicious spread of all the thanksgiving dishes thanks to the hard work of many.


It was a great Thanksgiving! There were only 10 of us and we really missed all of our family that wasn't with us this year!! Maybe one year soon we can all be back together for Thanksgiving. Well, meanwhile, I have many things to be thankful for and I am grateful for this time of year to remind me to take time to appreciate and give thanks for all the things I have been given! I hope everyone had a wonderful day and that that we can all carry the graditude with us all year.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I have to know how the Rosemary turkey was. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday!!! I hope all the cooking went well. See ya Monday

Scott Law said...

Melissa,
You did a wonderful job on your first turkey. I don't remember ever having a more delicious Thanksgiving dinner. Like you, I wish more of us could have been there. Thank you soooooo much for opening your home to us and for getting up at 6:30 a.m.

Love,
Dad

Jeanne Bee said...

Delicious meal and lovely table settings. Melissa placed a special cornucopia with each name on it above each place setting (made with a sugar cone, the persons name in frosting and candy coming out of it). She also made a decoration to go around the stem of each glass and hooked a picture of each family member that wasn't there on the decoration. Your Amazing Melissa!!!!
Love, Mom

DA pages said...

That is awesome that you cooked the turky. I have only cooked a turky once and I think until I have a larger family that is all I will do it for. It is way too time consuming. I totaly forgot to wish you a happy b-day by the way. I was too distracted when you called me. I hope you had a great one.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Melissa (or should I call you Martha- with your cornucopia sugar cone... so clever!) I was able to avoid cooking the turkey once again which was good because I wasn't up at 6:30am but bad because we didn't get to enjoy all of the leftovers!
Looks like a really lovely thanksgiving dinner, we missed you guys.

em said...

What a trooper to make your first turkey and to get up early to do it..I'm impressed...Jeremy loved the sugar cone idea! You are very creative Melis : )