Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1 year and 3 months in the making

For Christmas 2006 my sister-in-law and brother-in-law gave me this nice 'plate' holder and shortly thereafter Jeff and I hung it. It has been hanging empty in our dinning room/kitchen area ever since. I have just not been able to decide what I wanted to put on it. I kept waiting for the perfect plates that I loved to come along and well that just wasn't happening. So then one day my sister told me about a friend of hers that put picture frames on hers and so it came to be that that is what I was going to do too! Thanks Melissa from Kentucky and Kathryn for the great idea.

BEFORE:



AFTER:
This picture does not do them justice, they really are so cute! (Not to toot my own horn because I am NOT creative just a good copy cat!)

11 comments:

sav said...

LOVE them!!!! you have to teach me how to do this!!!! i love it. next time you have a craft day at your house you better invite me for sure! how are things going? i need to call you!

em said...

Melis, these are so cute and I've been wondering HOW they are made (I've seen them everywhere lately). Will you teach me? Hopefully we will see you guys on Fri. at Mike's b-day party! : )

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Hi
I found your blog today... I LOVE all your recipes and crafty stuff keep posting.. I'm a sponge for ideas and you've got some awesome ones..
I can't take credit for the frames on the plate rack idea-- i walked into rodworks in UT and they had them on display like that..
I like the paper you picked for yours- it would match my dining room.. i might have to copy.
Melissa
p.s. I am laughing because I noticed today that you are in hygiene school (or finished?) -my hubby is a dentist and is also Jeff..2 melissa & jeff's with ties to dentistry...

Lesley said...

Melissa, your frames are very cute and you ARE creative!! What a great way to use your plate rack.

Unknown said...

Wow! I am so impressed. How did you do that? I love them but doubt I'd ever be able to do something like that on my own. You need to make an instructional video and put it on your blog!

DA pages said...

Sooo cute! I have seen that done before I love it. How are you by the way we haven't see eachother in such a long time. We really need to get together!

Tatiana said...

Super cute! You are a good copy cat (if that's what you're going to call yourself). I want to be a copy cat too! Where did you get the stuff for the clips? And, where did you get the frames? Did you use scrapbook paper to cover them?

Mike and Joelle said...

ok Martha that is sooo cute. You are so creative and I miss you!

LOVE YA

Em said...

Isn't it fun to decorate and afford to. I'm having a blast with it. I spent a load of money shoping while I came home to Utah this week. If we crash on the way to Yakima we will go down in load of glass and ceramic.

the Eggett's said...

Those are really cute. You are the most crafty and creative person that I know! Will you please come help me decorate my house? Hey, I am so sorry that I still have your fondue pot, and I haven't returned it yet. Also, we miss you guys! I feel like we haven't seen you in a while. We need to hang out.

Tatiana said...

So Melissa,
I'm serious about the hair clips. Where can I get the stuff? Will you e-mail me instructions. tatianariley@gmail.com Thanks!