Monday, March 3, 2008

A Question For All My Hygiene Padres



Random but I am wondering if you guys do tissue checks following SRP? If so, when? 6 weeks? 8 weeks? at their 3 month? Just wanting to know what you all are doing out there!

Thanks for your feed back!!

8 comments:

Scott Law said...

Ooooo Yuk!

Tatiana said...

I usually do it at their 3 mo recall. Unless the have a really deep pocket that we placed arestin in and we are really concerned about, then it was about 6 weeks. but for the most part, we just check it at their 3 mo appt. What do you do?

Jana said...

This picture is going to give me nightmares!

I too got sucked into STephenie Meyer books. I so wanted to be one of those people who didn't but I ended up reading them all in like 1.5 weeks.

Lilian said...

OUCH!

DA pages said...

Since I am mostly hygene asst. at my new job I think I can help :) Our hygenist used to do a 4 week fine scale and polish and check the pocket depths, but now we decided to just do a 3 month recall to do it since it is non-production in 4 weeks. I hope that helps!

the Eggett's said...

holy cow, that picture looks very painful! I can't help you with your question, but I do feel bad for that patient. :)

Brittney said...

Melissa that is nasty! When I clicked on it I just about lost my dinner! Please tell me that you didn't take that picture. I wonder if my dentist is taking freaky pictures of my teeth when I go under?!?!?!

Lindsey said...

At my office I place Arestin in any pockets 5mm and over. I then do a tissue eval 4-6 weeks after. I will check the areas that I have placed Arestin only. Then in 3 months from their SRP appointment I always do a FMP. I like for patients to see their improvement. I think it is most of the time encouraging for them. Most of them are very surprised by the improv. I hope this helps!