Friday, January 4, 2008

Gratitude

It is very late and I have much I need to blog about but I will get to all of that soon.
I returned Wednesday from my sister and brother-in-laws in Kentucky and I can't help but feel truly blessed to know them and have them in my family. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't want to be just like my big sister (well maybe there were a few years there, around Jr. high age;)). Bless her heart she handled all the tagging along and missing clothes and then found clothes with stains on them and tagging along and just plain annoyances by me very well!

I guess some things never change though because I still look up to her and hope to some day be just like her! I couldn't have a more kind, loving, thoughtful, more Christ-like sister in all the world! I always leave them wanting to be and knowing I can be a better person. Kathryn and Trevor try so hard to do what is right and I think they do a good job of it, to good in fact, they make it look so completely easy! They have always been and continue to be shining examples to me of how to live righteously and how to reach my potential.

I love you guys more than you will ever know! Thank you for too many things to mention or to ever be able to pay you back for! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

4 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Thank you SO much Melissa. You don't know what that means to me. The funny part is that I feel the same way about you! I guess that is why we are such a great pair, we bring out the best in each other.
We loved having you here with us and it was so, so hard to see you go. You are such a big part of our lives!
I love you and miss you so much...we all do!

Lilian said...

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your sister!! I'm glad you had so much fun with her family!

Lindsey said...

Hey Meliss,

I am glad that you had fun! I am joining the blogging world again! My new blog address is lindseyjake.blogspot.com You better add me to your friends list! I was thinking the other day what we were doing 1 year ago and I got sick! Glad it's over! We need to plan another get together!

Brittney said...

Although it was fun to see Jeff for a second we missed you! I wish we could have worked out something before you left but it was a crazy time! Know that the whole 20 min Jeff was with us you were missed though!! :)

Thank you for your fun little gift. You are so creative, but I might steal the idea from you for Christmas next year!

Hopefully see you guys soon?!?!