Sunday, July 20, 2008

Leger's on Redwood

Ever since Jeff's grandma and grandpa sold their store and retired (last March-ish) Jeff and I have been talking about taking Leger's back down to North Salt Lake. I was in Kentucky at the first of Jan. when I received a call from Jeff saying that he had made an executive family decision...' We are opening our 2nd deli and it was going to be in North Salt Lake'. I was so happy that he finally was totally on board with this!!

It wasn't long after that Jeff got in contact with the real estate agent for the building we are in now (1 mile south and on the opposite side of the street from his grandparents old location) and it was been smooth sailing ever since! We really have been blessed to be working with great people through this whole process that have all gone above and beyond the call of duty.

We felt confident with re-locating in this area since people already knew our name and we have been hearing nothing but an excited buzz ever since we hung our 'Opening Soon' sign!!

After countless hours of hard labor and many LATE nights we finally opened our doors for business last Wednesday (7-16-08). We could not have been more thrilled with the response!!! We were thinking it might take a couple of weeks to get the business back but it was more like 2 days!
We have a wonderful manager and a great crew and are so excited about the possibilities of this store. It almost brings a tear to my eye to think of how blessed we are! I am so grateful for Jeff and all his hard work and for all of our family that has supported us in this!
Mark your calendars everyone for the evening of Monday July 28th for our GRAND OPENING PARTY. More details will follow so stay tuned!

9 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

The deli looks AWESOME! I LOVE the red wall, good choice! I'm so glad you are getting a great response. I agree, I think the Lord is looking out for you and your family.
Wish we could make it to the party, eat a cookie for me. :)

Lilian said...

I'm so excited for you guys to finally have the store opened!!!

Scott Law said...

You guys are doing a great job on it, and it has been fun to share the joy with you, and the sandwiches and soup too.

Lesley said...

What a great post!! We are so proud of both of you. You are both so motivated and hard working. Thanks again for a fun time at Leger's Friday night.

BobN said...

Sweet! Congratulations on a successful opening.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Congratulations from the California Marsdens! Your store looks awesome in the photos. We also think the red wall is a good choice. It attracts prosperity (aka MONEY!) according to some Asian cultures :-) Today it's North Salt Lake, tomorrow Legers Deli across America! Seriously, we think opening your new store is an awesome accomplishment.

DA pages said...

That is soo great! congrats guys! Ryan and I will totally be their!

sav said...

congrats! i miss jeff bringing us cookies! i guess i'll just have to come down and eat now! =)

Nate, Claire & Norah said...

I wish they had one in Layton! We will have to drive down there and try it out. :)