Friday, July 4, 2008

Busy Past 2 Weeks!!

It has been a very fun and very busy past two weeks!!! It all started with the arrival of my sister Kathryn and her 3 darling kids from Louisville Kentucky! Needless to say I spent a lot of time at my parents (where they stayed for the 1st half of their visit) house this week.



We played lots of games, visited with lots of people, relaxed as much as possible, and...



played a little dress up (notice the earrings, pretty bracelet, and ring on Megan) too!



I just can't get enough of these kids!!! (Unfortunately, Campbell was already fast asleep during this picture!)

Then on Friday my brother, his wife and their two cute kids got here from Oregon. On Saturday they threw a great party for Anna's 7th birthday and so the partying started.



From there we headed off to Bear Lake, for our annual family summer trip. And for the first time in I don't know how many years, everyone was there!



We were a little further away from the beach this year in a cabin that would fit us all, so we didn't spend quite as much time at the actual lake as we usually do! But that didn't stop us from getting plenty of water time in the cabins hot tub and club house pool (while the boys went golfing-no pictures)!

and during the dry times we all enjoyed some much needed downtime!




And of course what would a great vacation be without lots and lots of good food!!!



My dad brought the Wii and and Eric brought guitar hero... hours of fun!!
And anyone that knows us know that we LOVE to play card and board games.



Bless Skyelie's heart, she was the designated hair stylist and spent I don't know how much time braiding and re-braiding all the girls hair.
I can't end this post without at least mentioning what a FUN uncle Jeff is... He had the idea to do a mini Deal or No Deal with each of the grand kids, with REAL $$$! Unfortunately, we were both busy during the whole game (Jeff was Howie, I was the assistant and my dad was The Banker) and so we personally did not get any pictures. I am hoping that as soon as my dad get pictures from everyone there with be at least a few that I can post. It was super fun and a great memory, especially for Makenna the big $20 winner of the night (and first one out of the gate:))!


Needless to say we had a WONDERFUL time and all left completely exhausted! Dustin, Tamra, and kids left for home straight from Bear Lake. Kathryn, Trevor and kids stayed around for about 5 more days and then off they went back to Kentucky.
We miss them all but are so glad we got to spend just a little bit of time with them this summer! I am so sad that all my fun summer plans are already over:(!! Jeff and I are going to have to come up with somewhere else to go! Anyone up for a getaway??

7 comments:

Scott Law said...

What can I say? WONDERFUL couple of weeks!!!!!!! One of the many great things of having Kathryn's family here was we got to see more of Melissa and Jeff too. Not to mention the AWESOME days at Bear Lake. Thanks for the great post and the great photos - and yes I have some of "Howie Leger" and his lovely assistant thanks to Kathryn. The Banker was too busy to get photos.
Love, Dad

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

so, so fun! We miss you guys already... again. Thanks for playing with us. :)

sav said...

looks like you guys had a ball! i wish my family was organized and committed enough for all of us to go on a trip together! so much fun! you look good girl!

sav said...

looks like you guys had a ball! i wish my family was organized and committed enough for all of us to go on a trip together! so much fun! you look good girl!

Natster said...

I especially liked the picture with all of the bags of chips on the cupboards.. awesome! :)

DA pages said...

How fun! I love family vacations you just cant beat them. You look so good by the way! when do you get to find out what you are having? I better be invited to a baby shower!:) we really need to get together on a friday or somthing! I need a good girls day out!

heather said...

I don't know if you'll remember me or not, but I am in Lesley and Kathryn's ward...Heather Gardner. I must say the bows and onesies are adorable! Could I pay you to make soem for my girls or teach me how to make them? I am not super talented and crafty in the sewing department but Etsy is eating up money like crazy around here! Awesome talent you gals inherited from your mom!