Monday, January 28, 2008

Dog Sitting

Is that not the cutest little boxer face you have ever seen?

This is my dog Annabelle that lives at my mom and dads house;)
She has come for an extented visit while they are gone to St. George.
J/K dad! I know she is yours! (I don't want backyard clean-up duty, besides what I am already going to have after her stay with us, that is!!)

She really is the BEST dog!!
For those of you who don't know Jeff at all, he is NOT an animal lover and for as long as we have been together it has been a 'discussion' about when we will/will not have a dog. --Sore subject, we are currently not discussing it because I KNOW that one day we will have a dog so why should we fight about it:)

I think my dad was feeling bad for Jeff and maybe alittle worried about leaving his baby here because he knows how Jeff feels about dogs. Well, I believe we have had a break through since she has been with us... All I have been hearing the whole time is "She really is SUCH a GOOD dog!", "I love that she just does what ever you tell her to do!", and my personal favorite "She is like a person, a MUTE.".
I think he also touched her for the first time EVER, since she has been staying with us.

We ARE making progress! He also said tonight about her leaving tomorrow... "We are going to miss you Annabelle" (of course it was in his cute little dog voice:))


Annabelle's thinking: 'Could you guys have more stairs in this house?'

Poor Annabelle is getting old and she is a little nervous and stays close by! She doesn't get up and down the stairs like she used to and gets winded easily!


And she like to sleep A LOT!!

If you can look past her Cataracts, Gray Beard, Gingival Hyperplasia, and Female Pattern Baldness you can't help but just love her and think that she is just the cutest BIG dog you have ever seen:)
Thanks for visiting ANNABELLE!

9 comments:

em said...

Oh...she is a sweet dog! You two will totally get a dog one day, I know it! Jeff will want one to play with in the backyard! I'm starting to miss my dog,Ginger, after reading this post. Ohhhh,: (

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

How can you not love Annabell. She IS such a great dog. Hallie especially misses her.

sav said...

when i first opened this i thought you had got your own dog!!! i was about to congratulate you.. what is so funny about it is i was just looking at petfinder.com and found some really cute ones.. (my sister's dog is staying with us while she is on vacation too!! small world) anyway, i am very proud of jeff for acknowledging anabell's existance and that she is a good dog. ;)

Scott Law said...

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for taking such good care of Annabelle. We'll try to think of another excuse to let you sit her again before too long. You and Jeff are heartily invited to visit her any time you would like. Strangely, she doesn't sound so noisy as she walks across the wood floor. Thanks for that too. I think she is glad to be home again. But I'm certain she misses you both.

Jana said...

Legers! I found you through Dan's blog. I'm so excited to see more of you now! Even though it's via blog. Hope all is well. Let's get together-we're not that far away!

Jana Russell (Edgar)

Lilian said...

I can totally hear Jeff talking to Annabelle! Ha ha ha! I'm not a fan of pets, but if I were to have a dog I would want an English Bulldog... that's what you need to get Jeff, an English Bulldog Puppy! You cannot help but fall in love with them!!! And when they are trained and older they are the PERFECT type of pet ( in my opinion of course!!)

Claire said...

She looks like such a cute dog. We dogsat our neighbor's dog the other day and she was not so good. That's why I like old dogs, they aren't too hyper.

Lindsey said...

I love that you pointed out her gingival hyperplasia! Jake felt the same way as Jeff did and now he loves Lili! Dont give in! Pretty soon he will get sick of you begging and let you get one! That is what Jake did!

Trevor said...

I have had a lot of dogs in my life and Annabelle is better than any of them. Especially including the ones I have now:) Kathryn is not very into dogs right now...but I know she loves Annabelle. I loved your post. Jeff, you are seriously funny. I loved your scarf and bro-bag picture too.