Jeff, Avery and I where taking a nice Sunday stroll minding our own business when out of the blue (and the tree branches above) come swarming hornets, in full attach mode....
Then come the screams of the little one!
We were running and could not believe what just happened. They got Avery on the head (and her jaw-line I found the next day) and Jeff on the arm.

Luckily the screams didn't last to long, that was until I laid her down for the night and she would roll over on to her right side and the screams would begin again!... Poor little thing!
Jeff kept threatening to go back and kill all those angry hornets but I don't think that has happened yet!
Since we moved into our house almost 3 years ago...ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO {wow}!
We have desperately needed new windows throughout. All the seals were broken on the almost 25 year old windows. On one of the snowy days of the first winter here, I was shocked to see snow... yes, actually snow flakes blowing into my front room.
We literally could not see out of some of them! Pathetic!
We have had multiple quotes and even at one point put money down on getting them replaced but it never happened until finally, thanks to my wonderful dad, 2 weeks ago
WE HAVE NEW WINDOWS! ... Well, at least on the front of our house.
Keep in mind Jeff or my dad have never before installed windows. My dad did lots of homework and talked to all the window guys he could get to listen on how to do it.
I had no reservations that my dad could do it and that he would do a good job of it.
He did NOT disappoint!
We are SO SO SO grateful for all his hard work and for his love (he must love us for all the work he does on this house:)) and sacrifice!
Jeff and I are still stopping each other in surprise... "Oh my, look at our front yard, you can see it from the front room"!
Oh yea, we also cut down that awful old evergreen that stood exactly where Jeff is standing in the above picture. (I have also had it out for that tree since we moved it!)
What a GREAT week!






4 comments:
I'm so glad everyone survived the hornet attack, CrAzY!
I'm also so glad you got new windows but I want to see and "after" picture!
That bee story makes me sad! Poor little girl! New windows are the best and I can't wait to experience that in our house also.
Is that the actual picture of the hive? I"m so sorry Avery got ANOTHER sting! Poor girl! Where's the pictures of that??? :) Glad you got new windows-it makes all the difference in the world! It's like getting a new prescription for your glasses!
great week??? except for the hornets attacking!!! poor baby girl! give her a love for me! seriously! i am so glad that you got your new windows! i bet it looks like a new home! yay!
Post a Comment