Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random Recipes



Ice Cream Cake

I made this for my mom's birthday. I kinda just made it up but it turned out pretty good. It went something like this...
  • I used 2 spring form pans (highly recommend).

  • Crush up some Oreos and mix with a little melted butter kinda press into the bottom (I didn't use very much butter and my Oreos were kinda chunky they were actually just kinda spread across the bottom and not really pressed in).

  • Layer on a carton of SOFTENED ice cream (I used cookies and cream in one of the spring form pans and chocolate chip cookie dough in the other. You can use what ever kinds you want!) Spread the ice cream out to fill the pan and try to make it mostly flat on top.

  • Cover with plastic wrap and freeze (put your plastic wrap right on the ice cream).

  • I made it the night before but I think about 5 hours would be good too.

  • To put it all together: take apart one of your pans and put the 'cake' on your platter (Oreos down) spread a thick layer of Herseys Hot Fudge Topping (or some other brand of thick chocolate topping. Do not warm it up! Do not use chocolate syrup!) on the top of the ice cream and then take out the second 'cake' and put it on top of the chocolate topping (Oreos down) .

  • Frost with Cool Whip and sprinkle with broken Oreos.

  • Don't be scared by my crazy recipe, it really is SO SO easy to make! --and YUMMY!



Spinach Smoothie
(I got this recipe from a fellow blogger and thought it was pretty good)

1 1/2 frozen bananas

Several spoonfuls of frozen orange juice concentrate

A handful of fresh spinach leaves

Put in the blender and then EnJoY!

7 comments:

DA pages said...

All I can say is YUM! That cake looks soo good! I will have to try the spinach shake though I am a little weary about that one. I was at the convention too! I went thurs and Fri. too bad we didn't run into each other!

Mike and Joelle said...

Hello Betty Crocker! You do the cutest things. Fun ideas. It was good seeing you sorry I couldn't stay around we will have to get together and have a party!!You are cute!

Mike and Joelle said...

Hello Betty Crocker! You do the cutest things. Fun ideas. It was good seeing you sorry I couldn't stay around we will have to get together and have a party!!You are cute!

Scott Law said...

The cake was superb. Thanks so much. I don't see me trying the spinach shake soon. The color alone is enough to do it for me.

Love,
Dad

sav said...

i absolutely love iceream cake! i might have to make this for my next occasion.. but all my spring pans are packed....

the Eggett's said...

ohhh, yum yum! look at you, ya little chef! Hey, did you ever end up making that Dr. Oz veggie shake? if you did, let me know how it turned out!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Yummy, I always enjoy your ice cream cake Melissa. I'm not so sure about the spinach smoothie, hmmm...
We are missing you in Kentucky!!!!!