Ever since we bought our home we have had a long list of things that need to be fixed or updated. One of those projects is changing all of the light switches and plugs in the house to white instead of bisque. To my delight, Jeff said that while I was gone to Kentucky he would change them ALL!! Well off I went and my dedicated husband began slaving away at changing the switches but to his dismay it ended up being a much bigger project than antisipated. He tried to pay his cousin to do it but that didn't work either (I can't blame him). So needless to say, since I have been home we have slowly been working on them together.
The light switch in our master bedroon has had us stumped for about 1 wk now!!! It is a 3 way and we have arranged the wires on the switchs in every possible arrangement and still it is not working correctly (keep in mind we live in a 4 level split-- master is on the top floor and fuse box is on the bottom)! AUGH!!!!
TODAY I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!! THE MASTER SWITCH IS FIXED... by yours truly (while jeff was off golfing no less:)) Oh, but one bit of bad news... now the plug located between the two switches (which has not been touched) is not working!! AUGH AUGH!!!!
December 2016:
8 years ago






2 comments:
I remember when we changed our outlets in the last TWO houses. At first I thought ,"Oh, this will only take a few hours". It was so frustrating and we never did get all of them changed. I'm glad you got it done!
Those 3-way switches are really "fun". Just a word to anyone who is thinking of changing out any switches other than the normal "on/off" switch. Make sure you draw a diagram, take pictures, make notes of exactly how the old one is coming out before you try to change.
The one good thing that came out of this is that I got to spend a few extra hours with my daughter and her husband. I love you, you are wonderful.
P.S. When I left we still didn't have that bedroom light 100% right.
Post a Comment