Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Tag, My Bargains, and A SNEAK PEEK!!

A TAG-
My talented sister craft tagged me along with some other ladies in efforts to get some cute and simple Christmas gift ideas or just for craft ideas... we are ALWAYS looking for those! The rule for the tag are as follows:

1. Post a project that you have been working on lately or some thing you want to start soon.
2. Include pictures, a few instructions on how to make your fun project/craft idea, or a link to where you found the idea.
3. Then tag a few people to do the same!!

I am generally TErriBle at getting back to tags (more on that later) and frankly I probably would have slacked on this one too had I not just had a craft day with my dear friends Ashley and Chantel (Chantel is my cousin and my dear friend:))
For some reason this craft has taken us a while but we started on our Vision Boards some time ago and finally got together to make the cute cork boards to hang our 'visions' on.

Here is how we made them:

#1- We purchased unpainted open back frames from Michael's Arts and Crafts (with our 40% off coupon of course) and then painted and sealed them with our desired colors.



#2- We cut out a piece of solid cardboard to fit in the back of the open frame and proceeded to hot glue the corks onto the cardboard in our desired patterns. (My mom donated some wine corks she found at a yard sale and the rest we purchased on eBay.)



Notice in the picture below that the frame is not painted... we used it as a guide while the others were drying but do not glue all your corks down until the frame is painted and ready to go because you will not be able to get the cardboard with the corks attached in or out after they are all glued on.



#3- Hang and enjoy with either photos or as a vision board.




MY BARGAINS-

For those of you who know me at all know that I am one of the cheapest (in a good way) people you will ever meet. I was thankfully (maybe not always so thankfully at the time) brought up bargain shopping. My mom and dad always worked hard to save money so that my mom could stay home to raise us, another blessing I am truly grateful for!!! And I am also grateful to have married a man that knows how to bargain shop!
Well on with it now right?!?!
I have clipped coupons for years but have just recently gotten VERY serious about it and I am so excited and happy every time I go to the store and save SO SO much money and come away with bags full of groceries for practically nothing.



My total bill for the items shown above was.... $7.16

YEP! that is right ONLY $7.16 for:
8 bags of Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Veggies
5 Zone Perfect Nutrition Bars
6 Arrid XX Deodorant - Ultra Fresh Scent- (the absolute only deodorant Jeff will use)

Keep in mind none of these items are pull dated or even close! They are all fresh off the shelves at my local Alberston's Super Market!

My bargain from several weeks ago:



4 Boxes of Electrosol Dishwashing power tabs...$0.36.
Yes, Yes, I typed that right, I paid 36 cents for the above pictures items. Once again fresh off the shelves of my local Albies.
I LOVE A GOOD BARGAIN!


A SNEAK PEEK-

I have been working on Avery's nursery for months and months and months now!!! The plans changed I think 2 times and even after that it has taken me way to long to get it done and well it is not actually ALL done. So here is just a sneak peek with more pictures to come once I have finished the bumper and other finishing touches!

9 comments:

Scott Law said...

Melissa,
Nice blog. That's what I call covering a lot of subjects in one. Have you listened to The Grocery Guru, on KSL radio on Saturdays? I used to hear him when I was working in Centerville on my way to work. Since I don't do couponing I don't know that much about him or it, but he made it sound good. Keep up the good work and we'll look forward to seeing more photos of Avery's room, or getting over there and seeing the room.

Love!!!
Dad

Bea said...

I cut coupons also but I have NEVER been able to get bargains like these, maybe you can do a slot at our next "girls night". Aso, where did you get the lamp for Avery's bedroom? Great ideas, great blog. Colorful. :o)

em said...

Great bargains, Melissa!! I have recently turned into a bargain shopper, and have also been able to get some pretty sweet deals like that at Albertsons. I have gotten beef roasts for 2 dollars before! ;)
I'm glad I got to have a "sneak peek" in real life to see Avery's nursery, and think it will be absolutely adorable!!!! Can't wait to see the bumper pads, we'll be waiting to see how it looks all finished!!!!

Margie said...

I am so proud of you. I love to get bargains. I just wanted to tell you about something I have been doing for the last several months. It is a website I suscribe to called myfoodstoragedeals.com It is only $4.95 per month (once you sign up for the promotion) and it lists all of the grocery deals at several of the main stores. I have really built up our foodstorage and it feels so good. There is a two week free trial to try you, so you may be interested in trying. Avery's room is super cute too.

lisa said...

Awesome! You are definately the craftiest chick I know! I can't wait to see the rest of Avery's room!

PNRBAC said...

Hey Meliss - CUTE CORKBOARD!! I Love things like that and I love people who will share their crafty ideas with those of us who are craft-impaired.

Em said...

You look darling pregnant. And Ashley looks great too. I love the room colors. Are you still working?

Claire said...

You are such a bargain shopper. I can't believe you got such great deals! I want to start doing that, too. Where do you find coupons? Those corkboards are one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Lesley said...

I just boo-ed you...check out my blog!