Kathryn and I each had a list of all the things we needed to do when I got to Kentucky and so it went that we had a lot to accomplish but of course made sure to sneak in a lot of down time too!
Jeff of course was off to the Ryder Cup for the majority of Friday thru Sunday and stayed only until early Wednesday. The girls missed him while he was gone during the day and kept wondering why he would want to go watch people golf all day (we echoed that question!) They couldn't wait for him to get home at night to play games!!
While he was away Kathryn and I made sure to get in lots of crafting!
cute Tu Tu's and adorable bib clips
Kathryn also helped me to redo my blog template and make baby shower invites. We also made cute and simple 'thank you' cards for the upcoming 'bibi's' (we due only one day apart, by the way! never mind that I am bigger than her and it's my first and her 4th!:))
We watched a good baby video and did lots of talking about babies. I wish she could be a little... I mean A LOT closer for the big day!
Before Jeff left for Utah we made sure to go to the Louisville Slugger Museum, play at the park, take a photo opp at the Louisville Temple, go on a picnic and see the great Ohio River.
Jeff went back to work and the parting really started;)
We made our usual trip up to The Gap Clearance Center in Cincinnati. LOVE THAT PLACE! We also went to an unforgettable hot air balloon glow.
Did I mention that while we were visiting my sister had her 30th birthday??? (sorry Kathryn) Well she did! I could not have a neater, kinder, or more spiritual sister! She has been an amazing example to me my ENTIRE life!!! I hope that one day I can be as good a mom, friend, daughter, sister, and example as she is! I am so so grateful to have her as a sister and am so blessed to have her as a friend!
I LOVE YOU KATHRYN!!!






7 comments:
I'm so happy that you got to go to Kentucky! How wonderful! You are so cute and I miss working with you!!!!! Hope all is well with you. oh... when is your "official" due date?
You do have an amazing sister, I have to agree! I can't say enough good about that girl...even if she is old :)
I'm so glad you got to go visit Kathryn and Trevor and their family in Kentucky. You do have all of those qualities you mentioned Kathryn has. You are so lucky to have each other as sisters. It reminds me of how much I love my "baby" sister, and how glad I was when she came into my life. And I just remembered, she was having her first when I was having my fourth and our babies were just 2 weeks apart. Tender moment!!
PS and ours were girl and boy too :-
PPS we have a picture of us similar to the one of the two of you. We were wearing the old fashioned smocks of the day. Not nearly as cute as you two.
You do have a darling sister. I wish I knew her, but I have certainly heard such nice thing about her. I'm sure your big sister looks up to you too.
My brother served his mission in the Louisville, Kentucky mission. I have never been there, but have wanted to go. He spent a great deal of time in Cincinnati too. We are getting excited for your new baby. If I am thinking correctly, her birth is the next BIG event on the extended family calendar.
I really want to be you right now! First because you are so talented and are actually doing all the things I am just thinking about how difficult it will be to do! Like, make your own nursery! I have been searching high and low because I know in my head what I want my nursery look like but I can't find anything in the stores... at least not affordable! Second, I really want one of those nursing covers. Where did you get the pattern and how difficult was it to make?
I did not know that you were pregnant! I have read six blogs and 5 of those women are pregnant! What is the deal! I am really excited for you. You look great.
Wow, time flies when your not the person that is pregnant!:) You look sooooo cute and you only look prego in your belly which is really good. When is the exact due date? Neither Nick or I knew the exact date! Glad you guys had fun with your sis. It is really hard to be away from sisters! Thank heavens for phones, blogs, email, and airplanes!!! Love you guys! Miss ya!
Post a Comment