
If you know Jeff at all or have ever read this blog you know that he LOVES and I mean LOVES golf!!! He plays golf, he watches golf, he listens to golf, he talks about golf, and he buys lots of golf stuff!! This last weekend Jeff walked the golf course again and again and again as he followed his very favorite professional golfer Phil Mickelson as he played in the Ryder Cup, (USA versus Europe golf tournament). He kept trying to express to myself, my sister and her husband what a big deal this was... "It is just under The Masters you know!!"

Jeff was lucky enough to get 2 tickets at face value from a buddies brother to the Ryder Cup for Friday the 19th. He then proceeded to sell one of those tickets and found a ticket for Saturday and Sunday on ebay. It also turned out that Valhalla Golf Course is only about 9 miles from my sisters house here in Louisville Kentucky. The deal was SEaLed!!!
What it all boils down to...
Airline tickets to Louisville: $$$
Tickets to the Ryder Cup for Friday, Saturday and Sunday: $$$$
Food at the Ryder Cup: $$
Souvenirs at the Ryder Cup: $$$
Transportation to and from the Ryder Cup: $
Buying ANOTHER Sunday ticket for the Ryder Cup: $$
Following Phil for 3 days, talking to his dad, standing next to his wife, getting a high 5 from the team captain Paul Azinger, listening to the Irishmen sing, seeing George H.W. Bush in person, and being there for the first USA victory in 9 years:
PRICELESS
Favorite Jeff quote of the trip (upon picking him up Friday night): "I have a massive headache, my hips are killing me and I need a Coke as soon as humanly possible but besides that it was pretty much the best day of my life!"






12 comments:
Jeff, I would like to think that the day you married Meliss was the best day of your life!! We are glad you had a good time.
Wow, sounds like Jeff had A LOT of fun!!! Glad you guys are back--hope you enjoyed a little get-away together before Avery comes!
Cute new header btw!!!
Sounds fun! Good for Jeff! You guys need to take a trip to Northern California so Uncle Alan can take Jeff to Pebble Beach. He needs an excuse and company to play Spanish Bay again. Did Grampa tell you his Joe Pesci story during the Pebble Beach Pro Am?
glad you two had fun--dave was jealous!
I'm so happy for you Jeff. Having just gone through Tim's soccer fantasy with him, I can relate. I am so glad you had so much fun. I didn't even know you guys had gone. I would love to hear more about it next time we are together. I'm glad you guys had a fun trip together!!
wow, jeff! CONGRATULATIONS! i think this was a turning point in your life! i'm glad you had the best day in your life!!!
Cool report, and I love your new design to. I can not wait to get the full report face to face from Jeff. I sure hope you didn't send him there without a camera???? Either way I really look forward to hearing about it. Of course Jeff, if you think that was a great day, wait until you see your first little baby and hold her in your arms.
Really great post and cleverly written. I love the picture at the end, Jeff looks so happy. You are a very good wife Melissa, especially when I heard about the 2nd ticket for Sunday!!
You are a better/more patient wife than I am...$$$= anger lol
Just kidding...for the most part :)
Paul is so jealous...he is now trying with all his might to figure out how to talk me into going to Augusta. Thanks Jeff.
Jeff is definitely Michael's favorite golf buddy. I am so happy for him to have this experience!
Melissa, I hope you don't hate tags because I'm tagging you. I was tagged so I'm tagging the family bloggers. I want to know more about the girls in the fam so I hope you play along :-)
Post a Comment