THURSDAY
**I have been working on the babies nursery for weeks and weeks and weeks now (just ask Jeff) and finally made some decisions and so it was time to go fabric shopping. Luckily, my wonderful mother agreed to go with me because after the countless trips I had taken to fabric stores alone over the past weeks I somehow left empty handed every time. My mom is so good and picking fabric that looks good together and I am so happy to finally have my fabric in hand. I am ready to get sewing.
It will make more sense when you see it finished and in the room!
**Later that day (until about 3 in the morning in fact) I brought the sewing machine upstairs!!! We had our ward Super Saturday several weeks ago and as usual I didn't get all my projects completed during the allotted time. So I finished these cute nursing covers. They probably don't make sense unless you have seen them before in person. You can check out this link to a lady that makes and sales them. The photos on the right hand side show how the covers work.
**I also had to get one of these cute reversible capes. I don't know that Avery will want to use it necessarily;) but I am sure we will have a little boy eventually (I sure hope we do for Jeff's sake)!!
**I got the CUTEST little girl's tutu's but am holding off till I can make them with Kathryn when we go to Kentucky (in 2 weeks and 3 days:)).
FRIDAY
**After sleeping in till also 12 (after my above mentioned 3am sewing session) I headed off the the big sale going on at 'Babies R Us' to purchase some of our needed big ticket items.
This is just one of them! I also got a Pack n' Play, monitor and more!
SATURDAY
**I spent the day with a long time friend Savannah, helping her make a darling rag time quilt for the little boy she is expecting several weeks before we are due. She has yet to cut all the edges but she promised I could get more pictures when it is ALL the way done. It is cute and cuddly with warm flannels and super soft minke. This picture doesn't even do it justice.
Needless to say it has been a relaxing and productive weekend!! I am pretty sure September is going to be as busy and fast as August was. AHHHHH!






10 comments:
YAY! A post...finally. ;)
I love all the fabrics and your stroller and carseat are soo cute and look really compact.
Can't wait to see how the nursery turns out. It already looks so cute Melissa!
So fun getting ready for babies. I sure hope Sept. doesn't go as fast as August, August was insane!
I'm so excited for you guys and the baby!! Keep us updated!
love the fabrics! you are gonna have the CUTEST baby room ever! and you know i am so thankful that you helped me make my quilt! i bought the sissors and i am about half way done clipping. i will email you a pic when it is finished... i can't believe we are so close to having BABIES!!!! aaaahhh!!!
Meliss, I just realized I haven't seen you in a long time!! You are such a cute LITTLE pregnant lady. Love the stroller, and the fabric!! We miss you guys and need to hang out soon!
So Cute! I can't wait to see the finished nursery!
I love reading your blog. Not much else to say. This is girly stuff.
Love
Dad
So I guess you did have a full weekend! I was thinking, 'Oh, maybe we should get together and sew...' but oh no--you were already done with the projects! They all look so cute. I LOVE the fabric for your baby's room!!!
I love the colors for the nursury! they are soo cute! You will have to show me how to make those blankets for nursing! I think I will definitly need one of those! Oh, and the cape is super cute too! You have just become little miss crafty! I am jelous!
Melissa! You look so cute. I'm super happy for you. Congrats on the new store! :)
oh! so i was talking to this gal i know and she has one of those nursing covers and LOVES it! so it's awesome that you got to make some cause she bought it online and it was like forty dollars! and she said it's called a "HOOTER HIDER"! isn't that funny! hahahah!
Post a Comment